Tuesday 18th June
Expert advice is not always easy to come by when resources are stretched and this can be a particular problem for small charities.
Big Advice Day 2019 will involve a national London event, as well as various regional events across the country, where small and local charities and community groups (those with a turnover up to £1 million) access free expert 1:1 advice on a variety of topics.
Partners are also running Big Advice Day events around the country. Check for a Regional Big Advice Day near you.
National Big Advice Day – fully booked
The Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI) is hosting its annual Big Advice Day in Central London, with a host of brilliant experts signing up to share their experience and expertise on a range of different subjects. If you need support in any of the following areas, plus more, just sign up today and we’ll do our best to match you with expert advisors to cover all of the queries you submit:
- Fundraising – all areas from Digital to Legacies…
- Marketing and digital – PR, email strategies, using analytics tools, social media, search engine optimisation, digital content…
- Business Planning and Strategy
- Legal advice
- IT, technology and software support
- Plus many more
Need support in an area not included in this list? Just sign yourself up and we will find you an expert able to help.
Those able to join us at the event will also benefit from:
- A panel of fundraising experts
- A panel of digital and marketing experts
- A range of informative workshops
- A drop-in advice corner
- Networking opportunities with other like-minded organisations
Date: 18th June
Time: 9:45 AM – 5:00 PM. Registration from 9:00 AM. (You can attend the full day and receive 4 advice clinics or a half day and receive 2 advice clinics)
Venue: City Hall, London, or remotely via phone or Skype
Cost: FREE. On booking, you will be asked to pay a £50 deposit to secure your place. During Small Charity Week the Trustees of the FSI are donating the normal £20 booking fee usually charged for events organised and run by the FSI. You will therefore receive a full refund of your £50 deposit within 10 working days of the event as set out within our cancellation policy.
Please note: In order to book, charities must be a member of the FSI. Membership is free (for organisations with a turnover under £1M) and means you will also be able to access free and heavily subsidised training and support for your charity. Bookings take place via the FSI’s Learning Management System.
If you’re not able to join us on the day to receive face-to-face advice, appointments are also available either on the phone or via Skype. After booking, you will receive a link to a survey where you can inform us of the kind of advice you’re looking for, and specify in-person or remote attendance. Last year we gave away over 456 hours of advice to 79 charities with 95% stating the advice given helped them and their organisation to do their job better. Watch our short film to get a flavour of what the day holds:
Regional Big Advice Days
- Big Advice Day Cambridge – run by PEM Accountants
- Media Trust – Speedmatching event in Central London
- Burwell Big Advice Day Surgeries – run by VCAEC – available 17th June, 18th June, 19th June and 21st June
- Carmarthen Big Information Day – run by CAVs
- Buckinghamshire Big Advice Day – run by Community Impact Bucks
- Bradford Funding and Advice Fair – run by CABAD
- Surrey Big Advice Day – run by Surrey CA
- Big Advice Day Bath – run by 3SG
- Richmond Big Advice Day – run by Richmond CVS: Strategy, Marketing & Coaching and Funding Advice
- Big Advice Day Suffolk – run by Community Action Suffolk
- Big Advice Day hotline – run by Community Action Suffolk
- Solihull Big Advice Day – run by Solihull CAVA
Small Charity Week is sponsored by Aviva
For over 300 years, we’ve been in the business of planning ahead to help our customers feel more certain about their future. Now, we’re helping many small charities and community groups face the future with greater confidence by sharing skills, providing funding and creating connections. Visit our website for more information.
Big Advice Day is sponsored by Virgin Money Giving
The Virgin difference: Virgin has spent the last 40 years finding a better way of doing things. And for nearly 10 years that’s included putting that passion and experience to good use, with Virgin Money Giving helping UK charities grow and thrive.
Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money. It was set up to ensure as much money as possible makes its way from fundraisers to the causes where it’s needed most.
So far they’ve helped over 14,000 UK charities and 890,000 fundraisers raise more than £685 million online.
Big Advice Day is supported by the Westminster Foundation