Thursday 20th June
Fundraising Dayis the perfect opportunity for small charities to engage with current and new supporters to get fundraising. Fundraising Day 2018 took place on 21st June with plenty of free events, initiatives and resources for your charity to have engaged with.
The FSI Fundraising Conference: Sharing the Best 2018
The Fundraising Conference took place during Small Charity Week on Thursday 21st June. The conference gave small charities the chance to access learning from experts on a range of different topics, including:
- Building Donor Loyalty: Professor Adrian Sargeant, University of Plymouth
- Making Major Gifts Work in a Small Charity: Christine Harris, London School of Economics
- Building Strategic Corporate Partnerships: Janine Edwards, The FSI
- Online Fundraising – Theory into Practice: Rachel Earnshaw, The Big Give and Suzie Rees, East African Playgrounds
- Future Proofing your Fundraising – Maximising Millennials: Morgan Kainth, Raise your Hands
- Meet the Donor – A panel of Trust and Foundations
Read our Conference newsletter for top tips, pictures and summaries of the sessions.
Localgiving Small Charity Challenge
- 220 groups received donations during the week
- Over £65,000 was raised
They had five leaderboards, based on the cause that a group supported. The top five groups all won pries and we distributed £4,000 in prizes. The five winners (who received a £300 prize) were:
- Community: Stripey Stork won having received donations from 71 donors
- Creative & Nature: Snowdonia Society won having received donations from 65 donors
- Health: Abingdon Baby Cafe won having received donations from 64 donors
- Rights & Welfare: Lord Mayor’s Appeal in Bradford won having received donations from 199 donors
- Sports & Education: Teamwork Trust won having received donations from 36 donors
There is some additional info on their campaign page here.
If you are interested in sponsoring Small Charity Week 2018, please contact email@example.com