Friday 21st June
Small charities around the country carry out vital work but in many cases people are not aware of their impact. To highlight the work of small charities and the impact they make on a local, national and international level the FSI launched the Small Charity Big Impact Awards in 2017, and they are now in their third year.
Runners Up and Highly Commended Announced
With hundreds of entries into the 2019 FSI Small Charity Big Impact Awards, it was incredibly difficult to choose the winners.
Those selected by the judging panel won their categories as they clearly showed how they measure their impact, use it to improve their services and share it to build trust. You can have a read about the work carried out by the winners and their impact here and watch their brilliant videos here.
Congratulations to the following winners on their awards and their fantastic work:
Charity with an annual turnover under £50,000
Lorna Young Foundation was set up in 2006, in memory of the late ethical trade pioneer. LYF aims to reduce poverty in developing countries by improving smallholder livelihoods, through better access to information, expertise and markets.
Charity with an annual turnover between £50,001 – £150,000
A Partner in Education (APIE) was first established in response to a request for help to increase access to education in Rwanda, but in consultation with local stakeholders, this mission evolved to focus on improving the quality of education.
Charity with an annual turnover between £150,001 – £250,000
Raising Futures Kenya, was founded in 2001 to provide practical support in the areas of education and training, health and emotional wellbeing for Kenya’s most vulnerable children and young people.
Charity with an annual turnover between £250,001 – £500,000
Dandelion Time was established in 2003 by a local GP concerned about the absence of services for growing numbers of children presenting mental health difficulties. The charity was started to support these children, as there were no services offering a family approach to tackle the health and social welfare issues that had led to their difficulties
Charity with an annual turnover between £500,001 – £1 million
Grapevine Coventry and Warwickshire helps all groups of vulnerable people get the hope, insight and supportive relationships they need to take control, turn their lives around and realise their potential.
Runners Up and Highly Commended Announced
- Charity with an annual turnover under £50,000 – LUV+
- Charity with an annual turnover between £50,001 – £150,000 – Xplode Magazine
- Charity with an annual turnover between £150,001 – £250,000 – The Rainbow Centre
- Charity with an annual turnover between £250,001 – £500,000 – Raw Material Music and Media Education
- Charity with an annual turnover between £500,001 – £1 million – The Green House
- Charity with an annual turnover under £50,000 – HOBY UK
- Charity with an annual turnover between £50,001 – £150,000 – VITAL for Children
- Charity with an annual turnover between £150,001 – £250,000 – Eczema Outreach Support
- Charity with an annual turnover between £250,001 – £500,000 – upReach
- Charity with an annual turnover between £500,001 – £1 million – Age Exchange
Our judging panel was made up of experts involved in the sector, including:
- Pauline Broomhead, CEO of the FSI
- Ben Carpenter, Operations Manager, Social Value UK
- Noorzaman Rashid, Managing Director for Strategies for Change
- Geoff Russell-Jones, Grants Manager at The Leathersellers’ Company
To be kept up to date with all Small Charity Week news make sure you are signed up to the Small Charity Week mailing list by emailing us on email@example.com and follow @SCWeek2019 on Twitter.
Small Charity Big Impact Day is sponsored by PolicyBee
PolicyBee is an independent, online insurance broker. We specialise in helping small charities and community groups get the cover they need, quickly and easily – from just £7 a month.
We know that buying insurance needn’t be confusing or time-consuming. That’s why we don’t do jargon. It’s also why our website lets you buy swiftly and smoothly in just a few clicks.
We’re a friendly bunch too, so if you prefer to speak to a real human, give us a ring. You won’t find any call centres or phone menus here – just clued-up experts offering no-nonsense advice.
Plus, we’re not only about insurance. We like to help in other ways too, so you might want to take a look at our Help Hub. It’ll point you to all sorts of essential information and resources to help you run your charity or not-for-profit.
For a quote, visit www.policybee.co.uk/fsi or give us a ring on 0345 222 5381