Friday 21st June
Applications to this year’s awards are now closed. Winners will be announced on Small Charity Big Impact Day on 21st June 2019.
Small charities around the country carry out vital work but in many cases people are not aware of their impact.
Through the FSI Small Charity Big Impact Awards, small charities and community groups can highlight their work and the impact they make on a local, national and international level.
“We felt truly privileged to be up there with such inspirational organisations, all working so hard to support the most vulnerable people in our society. Life in small charities is really tough right now and the work that you are all doing at the FSI is so incredibly important.” – Vicki Dawson, The Children’s Sleep Charity
To celebrate the FSI’s support of the small charity sector, the FSI Small Charity Big Impact Awards was launched in 2017. These small charity awards are completely free to enter! This year, the awards will celebrate the impact of five winning small charities and community organisations, as well as five runners up and five highly commended small charities and community organisations in the following categories:
- Charity with an annual income under £50,000
- Charity with an annual income between £50,001 – £150,000
- Charity with an annual income between £150,001 – £250,000
- Charity with an annual income between £250,001 – £500,000
- Charity with an annual income between £500,001 – £1 million
“The video was a fantastic part of the prize because it helped us articulate what we do in a clear and engaging way. This likely helped us receive more donations and we use the video and presentations on a regular basis. As a newer charity, the award also helped confirm our legitimacy.” – Elizabeth Rowley, T1International
“We have been using the Award to engage corporate relationships with potential partners. The award and the significance it carries, acts as an ambassador of our work’s impact to our projects’ participants. We have been using the award in communications (eg: e:create; Create’s annual Impact Report) and in conversations about the charity’s work to funding partners, potential funding partners and community partners.” – Elias Papasideris, Create
Each winner will receive:
- A professionally-made film of their organisation provided by the FSI highlighting their work and impact
- One day’s Impact Audit carried out by the FSI, which has a value of £650 and will support charities to identify areas where they are performing well, and areas to focus on to improve impact planning, measurement, evaluation and management.
- Recognition for the charity’s valuable work and impact made to current and new supporters.
The judging panel will be made up of experts involved in the sector, including:
- Pauline Broomhead, CEO of the FSI
- Ben Carpenter, Operations Manager, Social Value UK
- Noorzaman Rashid, Managing Director for Strategies for Change
- Geoff Russell-Jones, Grants Manager at The Leathersellers’ Company
Dates for your Diary
- 21st March: Entries close
- 15th April – 31st May: Filming of winning charities to take place.
- 21st June: Winners to be announced
- July: Awards Ceremony in central London, bursaries will be provided for charities outside of London to travel to attend the event.
To be kept up to date with all Small Charity Week news make sure you are signed up to the Small Charity Week mailing list by emailing us on email@example.com and follow @SCWeek2019 on Twitter.
Small Charity Big Impact Day is supported by PolicyBee
PolicyBee is an independent, online insurance broker. We specialise in helping small charities and community groups get the cover they need, quickly and easily – from just £7 a month.
We know that buying insurance needn’t be confusing or time-consuming. That’s why we don’t do jargon. It’s also why our website lets you buy swiftly and smoothly in just a few clicks.
We’re a friendly bunch too, so if you prefer to speak to a real human, give us a ring. You won’t find any call centres or phone menus here – just clued-up experts offering no-nonsense advice.
Plus, we’re not only about insurance. We like to help in other ways too, so you might want to take a look at our Help Hub. It’ll point you to all sorts of essential information and resources to help you run your charity or not-for-profit.
For a quote, visit www.policybee.co.uk/fsi or give us a ring on 0345 222 5381
If you are interested in sponsoring Small Charity Week 2019, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org